Eco-lution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sharron

Dec 5, 2005
www.wowpellets.com
Seeing as though most of you reside back east, I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with an all-wood, compressed firelog manufactured by Eco-lution (www.ecolution.ca) out of Quebec? Some of their claims seem a bit exaggerated; e.g.: one skid of 664 logs has the heat value of 7.4 cords of "traditional" firewood. hmmmmm...... We manufacture firelogs, and even ours aren't that good! Another issue in regards to the credibility of this company is the fact that, under their "Our Products" tab, there appears a picture of some equipment used in "their process". The picture struck me as being familiar, so I visited our website, www.wowpellets.com, and under our "Company History" tab I found a picture that looks identical. Now, I'm not saying that similar manufacturing processes can't have similar equipment, but my plant manager Mick (who's image appears in the photo) swears he's never worked in Quebec! Anyway, just curious if any of you have had dealings with these people, or if you've come across their product. Chris

That picture is clearly a case of theft of intellectual property but not something that would get any law enforcement outfit moving, especially cross border.

But Mick can ruin their whole day since they are using an image of him without his permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.