Ecocirc Auto Boiler Pump?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Hi. I put a B&G Ecocirc Vario manually adjustable pump on each of two zones (oil, no pellet boiler yet). After I put in a 120 gal buffer tank, pellet boiler, I'll need a pump for each boiler and was thinking about using the auto version of the pump, which is kind of a mix, as far as I can tell of manually adjustable and pressure proportional, so that it reacts to change in pressure. Say, if the boiler is on, two circs on then one or both shut off and boiler is still on to feed buffer tank. I figure the pump can be set to satisfy both circ pumps when on and some left over for the buffer tank, and when the zones shut off, the pump can slow down and feed the buffer tank at the same (slow?) pace. The boiler can modulate, so I guess key would be that it doesn't shut down prior to loading the buffer tank. Is slow load necessarily that desireable (stratification)? Or, as long as the buffer tank is requesting heat, get it topped off asap. I think I'm talking myself out of the auto pump and into the manually adjustable Vario. (NO RESET, etc).

http://bellgossett.com/pumps-circul...osters/ecocirc-heating-auto-and-vario/#tabs-1

It seems that the dial more or less adjusts the maximum head and the pressure is varied depending on flow.

"The ecocirc 19-14 auto has a proportional pressure control logic, which allows the pump to
slow down automatically as it approaches shut off condition (as the valve closes) then ramp
up when the demand increases (as the valve opens). It includes a step-less dial to adjust the speed to meet the system requirements."

auto.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.