Econoburn 150 ordered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
Hello all--

Ordered an Econoburn 150, slated for delivery in mid-July. I'll still need to scheme up my storage (as big as possible and as affordable as possible while still fitting down through a 4 foot wide Bilco bulkhead into an old farmhouse cellar) & connections to warm air duct heating system, so I welcome any and all suggestions.

Trevor

Storage: The first thing you have to decide is will it be pressurized or not. Each has its advantages. You will like the Econoburn. It's a good solid unit with excellent factory support.

Thanks Heaterman- some of the factors on pressurized or non-pressurized will probably boil down to what I can scare up for tanks, and at what price. I like the aspect in which pressurized will let me skip some costly and/or complex additional coils, flat plate exchangers &/or a couple extra circulator pumps-- and seemingly get better benefits of stratification. On the other hand, if I can find/build a suitable non-pressurized tank at a modest cost, it might justify paying for and fooling with the extra exchangers/circulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.