Efel Stanford 140

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BClydePA

Dec 7, 2021
Pennsylvania USA
Well folks first time poster here. Let me run down what I have going on.

I bought a house that had a EFEL Stanford 140 already installed in it. It has been a great stove the last 3 years but some of the fire bricks are needing to be replaced and they are not standard bricks unfortunately. I have been trying for several days now to find anyone that still sells efel here in the States or the firebricks I need and I am coming up empty. I really dohn't want to repklace the stove as it does a wonderful job heating my 2000 square foot house with only minimal use of my Oil furnace.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ben in PA

That is a nice, big heater. I can see why you want to hang on to it. Replacing the firebrick is going to take some searching. You may need to get it from the UK or cut your own. To start, check with Obidiah's to see if they have parts. I think they used to sell Efels.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I wanted to share some info if someone was in the same situation as the OP and myself.

I have the same woodstove and i was unable to find some replacement firebrick. I found one website from a company based in Europe. I needes 4 replacement brick and the cost of the bricks and the shipping cost were insane.

After many research. I found a local place selling firebricks, ceramic board and refractory cement. Basicly they supply industrial boiler product, pizza stove supply, forge lining and many other refractory products.

I showed them one of the old firebrick and they gave me a refractory cement and some stainless steel reinforcement fiber. The salement said that my new brick would be rated at the same temperature as the old one but would withstand impat from me throing logs a lot better than the old bricks.

Didnt had time to try the bricks yet. They are curing at the moment and it's not winter yet 😁 will try updating this thread when Ill have a few fire on them.

PA from canada.

That's great, thanks for the update. Please take some pictures of the before and after. Casting your own can be a good alternative for replacing custom firebrick in some old stoves.