Efficient way to save more Gas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fred02

May 17, 2017
Vancouver
Hi there!

I'm new here, just want to know if there are any means to save gas ?

I googled a couple of times but couldn't find a satisfactory means.

Either cost was involved or heavy investment on equipments?

Cheapest way is to turn down the thermostat and bundle up.

other method move in with someone else and split cost. Ok that was a smart ass answer. To save BTU's is going to require some expenditures no matter what. You can start by sealing up air leaks adding insulation using plastic over windows .... its a long list. Most of this can be DIY. Turn your water heater down to lowest temp short of vacation setting - electric or gas.

We have too much glass area for an old farmhouse. For several years I used homemade storm windows with clear plastic stretched on wooden frames. On the biggest windows I used interior shrink fit storm windows (took a patio door kit to do this). I caulked and sealed wherever possible.