Eko: Puffing and Purge cycle question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofossil

Moderator Emeritus
For those of you with the newer Eko controller (or any other gasifier with a purge cycle for idling):

What experience have you had with different purge timing? Reason I ask is that I'm experimenting with controlling combustion temperature by modulating the blower speed. Problem is that with a fresh load on hot coals, the combustion temp gets well above my setpoint, and the fan ends up running at minimum speed for a long time. This causes 'puffing', and I expect that periodically running the fan on high for a few seconds might be the solution.

How often should you run a purge cycle, and how long should the fan run each time?

My Econoburn is set for 20 second fan cycle every 15 minutes.

gg

I set mine the same as Taxi's but I havn't played with it, try to avoid idle, especially with full load. It's always a pleasure reading your posts Nofossil, I've read this site since 2009, good scientific method to burning wood gets the best pyro in all of us going.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.