Elco Pressurized Fireplaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

el Cid

Dec 20, 2020
Encinitas, California
Hellow out there!! I have an Elco Pressurized Fireplace, installed in 1987, and has been working flawlessly since then. I have a fire in it almost every night from mid-November to the beginning of March. Just the last couple of days I have noticed that it seems to be smoking a lot, smoke escaping from the top of the fireplace glass doors. I'm burning mostly eucalyptus, with some oak, and a little pine. Does anyone know where I can get an operator's manual? Does this fireplace have a damper that might have somehow gotten partially closed? Any suggestions?

Hellow out there!! I have an Elco Pressurized Fireplace, installed in 1987, and has been working flawlessly since then. I have a fire in it almost every night from mid-November to the beginning of March. Just the last couple of days I have noticed that it seems to be smoking a lot, smoke escaping from the top of the fireplace glass doors. I'm burning mostly eucalyptus, with some oak, and a little pine. Does anyone know where I can get an operator's manual? Does this fireplace have a damper that might have somehow gotten partially closed? Any suggestions?
Ever get a manual for this? This elco fireplace manual is difficult to find. Even with the power of google it somehow seems lost in time. Any suggestions?

elco Indoor Fireplace User Manuals Download​

ManualsLib has more than 39 elco Indoor Fireplace manuals​