Emma part 2..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Buddy wearing a bell now?

That's my new chicken guardian. I was having trouble with neighbor dogs. A big skinny raggedy pup pulled out of a tiny pen in a Tennessee 'holler. No manners at all, but sweet as heck.

IMG00648-20120327-0701.jpg

I think my cat looks like Emma......this is Dusty and he didn't care for the flash!

Went and marked some tree's earlier and got very lucky as Emma was doing her usual walkabout and when she got back to me she had 'one' single porcupine quil up her nose ;hm

she came up and sat down waiting for me to pull it out..

This picture was before the trouble started ;)
loon

DSC00696-1.jpg

OUCH!!!

That's awesome, K !!!

Mr. Murphy, visiting the Dixiette (who was Murph sitting) whilst I was down the road from Gamma's house, unbeknownst to either Gamma or I until after the fact
angry-smiley-055.gif

Attachments

• Murphy road trip 2012.jpg
    Murphy road trip 2012.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 164
Looks good Loon, did you take the quil out yourself?

zp

Yes i did zap but it took 2 pulls :confused:

Was out in the woods yesterday and still having problems with the trespassers :mad:

So i set up a little bait and a cheap game camera ::-)

DSC00761-1.jpg

Maybe put a schmeer of peanut butter on it too. ;)

Wonder if horses like peanut butter flatbed? :)

SUNP0005.jpg

Pretty sure this is the same doe, caught her the other day pulling out the driveway going to work in the same field ;)

DSC00753-1.jpg

SUNP0006-1.jpg

And Mrs loon would like a sitting area over in the wood lot..Man-Oh-Man!! a 24ft small maple is a @#!%$ to get on a trailer by yourself :p

will post a couple of pics on the plan for it in a bit..

loon

Picture357-1.jpg

Glad to see the "Foreman" all dressed in white keeping and eye on the operations LOL. Wonder if Miss Doe has a small one hiding in the area?

Just went and grabbed the camera rotti and guess what? ;)

Will throw them out some more apples tomorrow..

loon

ICAM0004-1.jpg

Still too early for the dropping of fawns. I probably won't put a camera out for another month or more.

Nice pics Loon,looks like your staying busy.

zap

Just went and grabbed the camera rotti and guess what? ;)

Will throw them out some more apples tomorrow..

loon

ICAM0004-1.jpg
Definitely looks like a very late arrival fawn from late summer or early fall. no wonder the old girl is sticking close.

Started the other day with my buddies 'split down the middle' Locust and finished up today..

Picture367-1.jpg

Picture372-1-1.jpg

Pretty close to the grain shed but the tractor and steel cable did its job ;)

Picture374-1.jpg

Then we came back over to the house and had round 2 with the Maple in my backyard.

Emma and Buddy had to help out though :cool:

Picture391-1.jpg

Picture398-1.jpg

loon

Status
Not open for further replies.