Encore Flexburn Stove pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Acordoza

Nov 4, 2022
Recently purchased new Encore Flexburn stove. The stove has a round flange for connecting the stove pipe to, but it is kind of "shouldered" and the stove pipe does not seal well around it. It is not the older oval style flue. VC suggested part 0001860, but that part is for the older oval flue to round pipe. Is there a part or method for sealing this connection? I used duravent double wall pipe. Also, I purchased the duravent flue adapter piece but it is not of any use. Seems like the ideal piece would be made by VC for this particular stove. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_7758.jpg

I also have an Encore and recently ran into this problem (if I'm following you correctly). I'm confused as to why you start with double walled pipe - but I'm new to all of this so maybe others will have input on that. I have 2 feet of 6" single wall pipe between my stove appliance and the fireplace ceiling before it converts to 8" double walled pipe. I could not get the 6" pipe to seat correctly inside the woodstove, as the hole and pipe seemed to be identical diameters. I called the company from whom I'd bought my stove and they said the pipe end which is inserted into the stovetop is supposed to be crimped. Installers usually do this apparently, but I installed everything myself and had no way of knowing this. In my case, the company had a short section of pipe that was already crimped which they gave to me at no cost. It seated into the stove well, and from there you add your additional pipe as normal. I believe you can insert screws to further secure the flue pipe pieces.