End Of Year Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what you pay, the cost should cover the stove inside the firebox, the mechanical area and the venting. There are more people out there doing an acceptable job now than when I started. There are also a lot of independent techs leaving the biz that it seemed to me we're starting to show some staying power. Glen form Preferred Pellet Services in CT is gone. Lloyd from Pellet Stove Works here in MA is gone. There are a 3-4 guys skirting the NH, MA border that are owner operators that have been around a few years now

I had been in contact with Lloyd from Pellet Stove Works a few months ago about doing a cleaning. Now I see his web site is gone.
I had the impression he was going to do a good job. Too bad he is out of business.

I had been in contact with Lloyd from Pellet Stove Works a few months ago about doing a cleaning. Now I see his web site is gone.
I had the impression he was going to do a good job. Too bad he is out of business.
Yeah he's out. Saw him trying to sell the biz in Craigslist. I know last year his phone message said he wasn't taking any further clients. Nowhere where he went.

I have said it before. You can professionally scrape, vac, ship and chisel all you want and will never, never, never get the soot out of the stove like compressed air. I pull mine outside once a year and you will not believe the soot that comes out of the stove, air wash, and the dust bunnies from the distribution blower. Sorry.

Attachments

• P5050058.JPG
    P5050058.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 76
I have to agree that taking a stove outside and blasting with air will remove the most soot and dust bunnies but humping a stove up a flight of stairs is just not going to happen till its being sold. I still will dismount the room fan and take outside if possible and blast it and some blasting of motor windings with a vacuum going is what I have to settle on.

Reactions: bogieb
I absolutely understand. I have a easy three steps out a sliding glass door and my 21 yr old son still at home. That's why it gets done. Yet it is very heavy. The hopper lid comes off and the door. They alone account for almost 100 lbs. If possible, get it outside.

have to say cleaning the stove is not hard.I watched the YouTube vid and was very easy.Have the 25ft screw on attachment rods for the chimney and always does a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.