Ended up getting a killer deal on a new CountyLine 40 ton wood splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good score on the splitter @JRHAWK9. I thought I ****ing in tall cotton when I bought a 22 ton full beam DHT splitter for $900 with a 4 way wedge and larger table.

Reactions: brenndatomu
It’s a Forest King Pro With a 16 GPM pump. Ashful, wherever he might be nowadays always wanted me to put a 4" cylinder on it and speed it up a bunch. I’m thinking that maybe Ashful was gotten by the coronavirus since he was always on here then out of a sudden he vanished in late March. :(
View attachment 267133
I was thinking the same thing about Ashful... :(

Good score on the splitter @JRHAWK9. I thought I ****ing in tall cotton when I bought a 22 ton full beam DHT splitter for $900 with a 4 way wedge and larger table.

yeah, I really lucked out. I'm just glad I decided to tell them about it!

Reactions: sloeffle
I did a search on his name and it didn’t turn up anything big so I don’t know. Maybe he’ll show up here soon and clue us all in. Hopefully he’s ok.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
It’s a Forest King Pro With a 16 GPM pump. Ashful, wherever he might be nowadays always wanted me to put a 4" cylinder on it and speed it up a bunch. I’m thinking that maybe Ashful was gotten by the coronavirus since he was always on here then out of a sudden he vanished in late March. :(
View attachment 267133
Not to derail this thread but I was just wondering about Ashful the other day as well. I’m definitely a seasonal member here so I’ve just kind of got back to reading and posting again and noticed I haven’t seen anything from Ashful yet this season. Bummer. I hope he is ok.

Reactions: WiscWoody
Nice find! Timing is everything. Was at Lowes and heard a guy asking an employee about a used DHT 25 Ton splitter outside. I looked at the splitters before coming inside and didnt notice any used ones. Went outside and looked closer and found one that had a few very light marks on the beam where the wedge slides. I eventually found the person in charge of outdoor equipment and we spoke for awhile. He said I could have it for 50% off. I smiled and said thats great. I then jokingly asked, "can I also apply the 10% military discount". He smiled and said, "of course".

Reactions: kennyp2339
Nice find! Timing is everything. Was at Lowes and heard a guy asking an employee about a used DHT 25 Ton splitter outside. I looked at the splitters before coming inside and didnt notice any used ones. Went outside and looked closer and found one that had a few very light marks on the beam where the wedge slides. I eventually found the person in charge of outdoor equipment and we spoke for awhile. He said I could have it for 50% off. I smiled and said thats great. I then jokingly asked, "can I also apply the 10% military discount". He smiled and said, "of course".
Pics of it? ;)

Sounds similar to how I got my Champion 27 ton splitter at Home Depot last year. I too bought the floor model, actually was sitting out back in the garden center. I seen the unit on display for months but never thought much of it since my plan at the time was to wait till the 25 ton splitters at Farm and Fleet went on sale and purchase it from there. I didn't have a Home Depot credit card at the time but had the Farm and Fleet credit card so using their financing I was waiting for the $200 off sale. That sale never happened till Oct of last year and I grew impatient as logs were pilling up, including some big rounds. Well I decided the heck with it and got the Home Depot credit card and went over there as soon as the online account was set up (they give you a charge pass before the actual card arrives). I didn't see the splitter out front like it normally was and so I walked around a bit and made my way to the garden center. It was back there and I decided to ask about it. It ended up being their last unit in stock. I asked if I could get a discount due to the light "rust" I saw on the beam. The sales person talked to their manager and said they'd give me $100 off since it was the last unit. I took it, and got an additional $100 off for using the Home Depot card. Called my father in law to see if he could meet me there asap to bring it home and 20 min later I had a new splitter in my backyard. Cleaned the so called rust off, added gas (it had all the other fluids already in it, bonus!) and fired it up. Worked perfectly that first day and hasn't failed since. I keep it covered and clean and it looks nearly brand new :cool: Came out better I think getting it at Home Depot vs. Farm and Fleet (price wise) and it was assembled perfectly. Nothing on backwards and no loose hoses! I would be cautious about getting store assembly but if it is an option to get it assembled before purchase at no extra cost I would go for it and just check everything super carefully before leaving the store.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: brenndatomu
Sounds similar to how I got my Champion 27 ton splitter at Home Depot last year. I too bought the floor model, actually was sitting out back in the garden center. I seen the unit on display for months but never thought much of it since my plan at the time was to wait till the 25 ton splitters at Farm and Fleet went on sale and purchase it from there. I didn't have a Home Depot credit card at the time but had the Farm and Fleet credit card so using their financing I was waiting for the $200 off sale. That sale never happened till Oct of last year and I grew impatient as logs were pilling up, including some big rounds. Well I decided the heck with it and got the Home Depot credit card and went over there as soon as the online account was set up (they give you a charge pass before the actual card arrives). I didn't see the splitter out front like it normally was and so I walked around a bit and made my way to the garden center. It was back there and I decided to ask about it. It ended up being their last unit in stock. I asked if I could get a discount due to the light "rust" I saw on the beam. The sales person talked to their manager and said they'd give me $100 off since it was the last unit. I took it, and got an additional $100 off for using the Home Depot card. Called my father in law to see if he could meet me there asap to bring it home and 20 min later I had a new splitter in my backyard. Cleaned the so called rust off, added gas (it had all the other fluids already in it, bonus!) and fired it up. Worked perfectly that first day and hasn't failed since. I keep it covered and clean and it looks nearly brand new :cool: Came out better I think getting it at Home Depot vs. Farm and Fleet (price wise) and it was assembled perfectly. Nothing on backwards and no loose hoses! I would be cautious about getting store assembly but if it is an option to get it assembled before purchase at no extra cost I would go for it and just check everything super carefully before leaving the store.
Bought it two years ago. Those light marks are gone! lol

This stack is for future use. Have several cords in the barn.
Nice, the Wood looks like cherry?

Nice, the Wood looks like cherry?

Their is a little bit of plum mixed in. Mostly oak though. This property used to be an orchard. Only a dozen or so fruit trees left and most are rotting.