England 25 pvdc Stove clicking with video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doylee4693

Nov 16, 2017
Buffalo
This is a video of my 25 pvdc clicking and what appears to be a loose auger. Is it supposed to be loose like this?
Clicking sound-
Loose looking auger-

Well Doylee the augers and gear boxes are connected with a coller and set screw/bolt. They could be loose and making noise or it just may be the auger shafts are only attached on 1 end and they do tend to flex a bit as they turn under load. You could shut down and pull them to ensure they aren’t loose.

Hey buddy, new yorks been good to us this year as far as winter goes. Anyway I Opened her up and even after doing a cleaning three days ago there was creasote buildup in my feed tube, which usually takes a week to buildup. Seems like the clicking is almost gone. I noticed that at the bottom of the hopper where that plate goes was nice and loose and wouldnt tighten down fully and was flopping around. I stuck a washer under the bolt and tightened and it’s working. I spoke with an england rep and he mentioned that the slop is supposed to be there. I tightened the square set bolt that holds the auger motor to the auger as it seemed a little loose. Everything is good again. Happy New Year buddy and thanks for the help!