Englander 25 EPI Insert - anyone have experience w/ these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RMB3889

Nov 11, 2017
Massachusetts
https://www.homedepot.com/p/England...0642932?keyword=englander+pellet+stove+insert

I am trying to replace my St. Croix - York that came with my condo when I moved in and am looking for some input. Looking to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about this unit. The Home Depot reviews are very mediocre and underwhelming so I'm hoping someone from this community has experience with this model.

It seems Englander, Summer's Heat and TimerRidge are all under the same parent company with comparable units at different price points?

If this is not a good unit, any suggestions for similar price point inserts?

Thanks,
Ryan

I just picked up a used one and so far love it. Heats a lot more than the old Whitfield Profile I replaced. I've only had the stove for two weeks, but to this point, my only complaint is that the hopper door doesn't open up enough to easily dump in a bag of pellets.

Eric

I have the 25 EP which is the same but a stand-alone not an insert. I love it. I have an old home with the main part being built in 1840 and mostly original plaster and hardly any insulation. Even on cold days this stove will blast me out of the room. I've had it for about 6 years and have had to do some replacements of components such as the igniter but otherwise nothing major. One note - if you replace the igniter be cautious of the blower motor wires when you do....I didn't notice that the wires come out the bottom of the blower and sat on the igniter until I started blowing fuses when the wires melted! The heat output is great and depending where you use it and your set up, in my experience it works great. The side of the house I have mine on is the east side and south side of the two story part and it heats those 4 rooms and the bathroom just fine. I also have a 25PAH "Room Heater" of the same manufacturer on the other end of my house and between the two, I like the 25EP way better. The room heater is nice but I have never been able to rectify the clogging burnpot. On the 25EP I can pretty much burn anything in it for pellets - it doesn't seem to be picky, although there is definitely a heat output difference with junk pellets.

ESW englander stove works stands behind their Product! their support staff are second to NONE!

Good unit. I had one a few years back. The reasons I replaced it were simple;

1. Two igniters and a blower motor in 2 years.
2. Daily scraping of the burn pot was an issue for my wife when I was out of town.
3. Moving the unit (no rail system like a Harman) was cumbersome.

Other than that it was a very good stove.

I just picked up a used one and so far love it. Heats a lot more than the old Whitfield Profile I replaced. I've only had the stove for two weeks, but to this point, my only complaint is that the hopper door doesn't open up enough to easily dump in a bag of pellets.

Eric

Have same stove ,and yes the access to the pellet hopper is a slight problem ,solved by using pellet or coal scull ,takes two to hold a 40 pound bag.Very easy to dump pellets in with these .

Why not keep the St Croix? It's a good stove.

England's Stove Works is a great company to deal with. Their support is fantastic. If you buy one, they will help you out.

HORRIBLE piece of crap! It was loud, rattled, would not empty the entire hopper, but only 2/3 of it. Burn pot needed scraping daily. Sales support was non existent! never got the same advice twice. I finally returned it to HD and bought a Harman. Now life is good!