Englander 25 IP will light, but not stay lit !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

VIBEUSER

Mar 26, 2022
Canada
Hi All,

Newbie post.

I have an Englander 25 IP that was manufactured in 2018 and I have used the past two winters. A couple of weeks ago I started experiencing a problem. I press the On button and it lights, but the blower never kicks on and the fire soon goes out. It then displays an E0 error code.

I tried diagnostic mode and the only thing that appears different that I see in the instructions is when I first plug it in and hit the LBA and AOT buttons the instructions say that the first two numbers that should appear are 8 4 whereas mine displays 8 9 .

I have been reading about a "Heat Sensor" and how the area around it should be clean. Where is it located?

Can you offer any feedback please?

Welcome to the forum
The first question you will be asked
When was the last time the stove had a GOOD inlet to outlet cleaning
and I mean all the hidden ash traps the combustion motor removed
and cleaned the chimney cleaned and everything between?

Reactions: Washed-Up
You press the start button --pellets feed-- fire starts
Correct. Does the combustion fan come on when you hit the start button?
Does the fire go out after approx 15 min.?
The manual does not show an E0 error code
Do you have a manual?

Yes, press button, some pellets fall, one fans starts, and eventually the fire starts. But I am accustomed to the much louder fan starting once the stove reaches a certain tempertaure. But that louder fan does not start and the fire soon goes out.

I don't have a manual unfortunately.

So I put handful of pellets in the burn pot and put it on high setting when lighting it to ensure that enought heat is achieved. The stove lights fine and the fire burns hot but the fan that blows the heat around the room does not start. So frustrating.

Test the proof of fire sensor. The manual tells you where it is, pull
the 2 wires and put a jumper between them (wires). Unplug the stove first
make sure the bare wires do not touch aground. plug the stove in. Start stove does it
operate correctly?
Out of curiosity where about in The Great White North are you?

Just checked your sensor! Just make sure the bolt s tight
I am not that knowledgeable with this stove other than what I have read
hopefully, someone with knowledge of your stove will chime in.

Reactions: VIBEUSER
Maybe try contacting Englander Tech line, 1-800-245-6489....

Reactions: johneh
I own a EP 25I. There is no adjustment for the feed rate without adjusting the bottom 3 buttons. The heat sensor is bolted to the exhaust motor. It wil be on the left side looking from the front of the stove. Being a 2018 stove, the sensor should be ok. You can trace it back to the control board and make sure the connection is tight. The 2 wires will be shrouded in a thermal sleeve. I would suggest putting the feed rate to 2 at start up.