englander 25 pdvc auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HD41 said:
The link you show from Surplus Center is for a 2 RPM auger motor however the Englander 25 PDVC uses a 1 RPM motor.
I had my lower auger motor lock up about a year ago and freed it up with WD40 and it is still working fine. What is your experience with the 2 RPM motor?
I might want buy a backup, the $18.99 price is appealing. Have you tried one of the 2 RPM motors? If so what differences did you notice in feed rate and any adjustments necessary?

When is 1 RPM not 1 RPM? I checked both original auger motors on my 25PDVC and found they turn 1.4 RPM. This makes the difference less, perhaps this is why the 2RPM motor works as suggested by jim3854

jim3854 Posted: 13 January 2012 10:05 AM

The only difference Ive notices is on start up seems I get more pellets at the beginning of the burn. but thats it I havent changed a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.