Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikeporter

Jan 28, 2016
Belwood Ontario canada
well I moved my stove out to the garage. It lasted for 25 minutes and then burned out. The only time it runs the top auger now is when the ON push button is pressed. I homes out the door switch and the pressure switch when it’s running and they are working fine. It seems to have stopped cycling. Strange thing is when I ran the board functionality test when the blower is running the top auger isn’t. When the blower is off the auger starts running. Any ideas?

any wires ever get shorted to chassis? lighting/voltage spike? sound like some components on the board got the magic smoke released

Well I pulled the board out last night and took it to the shop clean it and checked all the components with the huntron. Everything checked out. I replaced the 3 capacitors and it fixed the problem in diagnostics. I threw it back in and tried it. The room air blower comes on immediately. I think it needs a new temperature switch. I’ll get one and let you guys know how it went.
Thanks for the replies.