Englander 25PDV owners I need help with ash pot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....I thought I read some where that if your LBA was to high you are actually pumping out heat from the stove and its going out the vent pipe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct....probably heard that from me. Those words came right from Mike H. at Englander. Too fast means heat exchanger doesn't have enough time to extract heat from air as it moves through the stove....it just goes up the exhaust.

You are correct....probably heard that from me. Those words came right from Mike H. at Englander. Too fast means heat exchanger doesn't have enough time to extract heat from air as it moves through the stove....it just goes up the exhaust.
So if that is the case what would be considered to high or how would you even know. I'm at 6 out of 9 on that LBA setting now.

So if that is the case what would be considered to high or how would you even know. I'm at 6 out of 9 on that LBA setting now.
That's as high as I would go. Mike from Englander told me not to go above 6 on my stove for that reason. Plus, there isn't a huge difference in blower speed after you hit about 7 anyway.

As for the McFeeters, here's a web site you should bookmark for future reference....pellet reviews:

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/reviews/wood-pellets/mcfeeters-wood-pellets.html

Also, at the top of the main page on this forum is a section called "pellet forum sticky links". Thjere is a sticky there on pellet reviews. Also, using the "search" feature at the top will give you more info.

BTW, as for any pellets listed online at TSC or any other "Big Box" store.....just because it's online doesn't mean that's whats at your local store.....best to call them and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.