Englander 25PDV Top Auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Troublemaker427

Feb 13, 2021
Hampstead MD.
Hello, I just joined the forum but have been a lurker for awhile and have been helped a great deal with my stove. I have a new issue I hope someone can help me with. I have a Englander 25PDV built 10/18. It has been working great once I got it dialed in with advice from this site. This morning my wife refilled the hopper with pellets and everything was fine. About 20 minutes later she checked on the stove and the fire was out. We cleaned out the hopper and found that the top auger was not turning. I removed the back of the stove and found the motor to be free to move up and down. I then switched the wires from the bottom auger to the top and it spun fine and constant. Prior to switching the wires the bottom auger also spun fine and constant. This tells me neither auger is jammed and both motors/gearboxes are operational. I then bypassed the hopper lid switch thinking this could be the problem but nothing changed. When I check the upper auger wires (yellows/black) with my volt meter there is no power at all at them no matter how long I wait. I know this motor does not receive constant power. I am stumped at this point. We also cleaned the burn pot very well with the vacuum. Everything was fine until this morning when she refilled the pellets as I said. What the heck happened? Thanks