Englander and EPA Ridiculous Restrictions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I found was a group pushing to ban fossil fuels. Count find anything about wood
Dear Representative Dooley,

I am contacting you today about legislation that would severely impact Massachusetts businesses and families. The bill, “An Act Setting Next-Generation Climate Policy” (S. 2477). which was recently passed by the Senate, not only cements in place and expands shortsighted Zero Net Carbon policies, it would create a “climate policy commission” that would have zero oversight of any kind. The commission would be comprised almost entirely of university picks and economists without any representation for the public and industries affected who would be able to provide valuable on-the-ground input.

The bill strips residents of their right to self-determination for comfort and backup heating options including gas, propane, wood and pellet stoves, which could prove catastrophic in the event of a prolonged power outage.

This is extremely shortsighted and a disappointment. I ask you, as an employer, homeowner, and voter, please don’t support their poorly written bill. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration.

Dear Representative Dooley,

I am contacting you today about legislation that would severely impact Massachusetts businesses and families. The bill, “An Act Setting Next-Generation Climate Policy” (S. 2477). which was recently passed by the Senate, not only cements in place and expands shortsighted Zero Net Carbon policies, it would create a “climate policy commission” that would have zero oversight of any kind. The commission would be comprised almost entirely of university picks and economists without any representation for the public and industries affected who would be able to provide valuable on-the-ground input.

The bill strips residents of their right to self-determination for comfort and backup heating options including gas, propane, wood and pellet stoves, which could prove catastrophic in the event of a prolonged power outage.

This is extremely shortsighted and a disappointment. I ask you, as an employer, homeowner, and voter, please don’t support their poorly written bill. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration.
Did you read the bill or just take the word of the person who wrote that message?

The home efficiency “Stretch code” is how the plan on doing it. I live in a town that adopted the stretch code and it severely controls how much insulation I need and how tight my building envelope must be and on top of that, how I heat my house. There is a number I have to meet and if I’m close I need to make sure I have all energy star rated appliances and the push electric heat pump water heaters and house furnaces. I’m in the middle of building, that’s how I know.

The home efficiency “Stretch code” is how the plan on doing it. I live in a town that adopted the stretch code and it severely controls how much insulation I need and how tight my building envelope must be and on top of that, how I heat my house. There is a number I have to meet and if I’m close I need to make sure I have all energy star rated appliances and the push electric heat pump water heaters and house furnaces. I’m in the middle of building, that’s how I know.
Yes there have been insulation and air sealing requirements in codes for decades now

There was a person from California that was pushing for a ban here many years ago. That movement didn't last. It's not going to happen in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.