Englander Control Panels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

djkeev

Apr 9, 2017
NJ
I've done a lot of reading on this site, the information I have found is great!

I have an Englander 25-PDVC in my basement. An Older 2010 model.
I've used these threads extensively.......

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englands-25pdvc-bottom-3-buttons.10008/

And

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englander-25-pvdc-tuning.121069/

I have learned how the stove works and I've done a hard reset and set it so that it is now burning satisfactory
On burn program "D" with settings at 4-4-1. It was at 6-5-1 and I had horrible soot and it ate fuel! I was lucky to get 12 hours of burn on a full hopper set at burn rate 2 and fan speed 8. I've doubled that burn rate!

Recently acquired a 2016 Englander 25-EPI for the living room. I'm playing with the settings but wonder if the control board is the same?
If so, what burn program does this stove use and what is the base setting?

I haven't checked the burn profile, don't want to until I know what it should be.
I have the settings currently at 1-4-1. It produces a fine "copier toner" like soot.
It actually burns better at 1-6-1 but the fan is too noisy at that setting.
1-3-1 produced horrible scale soot that flaked off in sheets.

Anyway.....
Same control panel?
Proper burn profile for the 25-EPI ?
Basic settings for the stove after setting the burn profile?

Thanks for any answers! Appreciate your time.

Dave

Hi Dave welcome to the forum. I believe your 25EPI uses the same control board but only utilizes the upper auger connections, but im sure they use a diff PROM chip with different parameters and timing. The 3 lower settings you will have to check with englander to be sure.

I just picked up a used 25 EPI insert. My notes from my call with Englander is that the 3 lower buttons should be 1 - 4 or 5 - 1. It is the same exact board with the exception of the PROM.

Be careful though, mine has the very earliest firmware they sold with these stoves and it will only do on / off via thermostat control instead of on / off or high / low. They have no new chips and the only solution is to buy the whole control board for $260 instead of a PROM chip. Never mind my rant, I just saw yours is a 2016, so you should be all set.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko
Eric if you call ESW and speak with thier head tech im sure you can get just the PROM. But you have to talk to Mike H.

Eric if you call ESW and speak with thier head tech im sure you can get just the PROM. But you have to talk to Mike H.
Tried, No dice. They don't have them anymore.

Eric

No kidding that blows. I just got 1 for a pdvc around Christmas time. They gonna make them available or you have to upgrade the whole board.

Not going to be made available, going to need to buy the whole board. Ugh.

Eric