Englander loud clicking every now and then when in higher settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
With the cold weather of late, I have had the stove cranking away on the higher settings. Everynow and then I hear a load click. But only when it is on high. It is not a pellet crunching in the hopper, b/c it only does it when the fire is roaring and set on 7+

any ideas what it is?

I can't get my stove above 1-1 or 1-2, without cooking us out of the house. I have noticed that when the stove is cold and I turn it on it snaps until it gets hot. Is that what you mean?

It must be the metal expanding and contracting. I guess Sydney is one of the lucky ones who heats her house with one of those Englander Ferrari models i read about with the amazing heating capabilities. I am not complainig about the performance of my stove. I have a very open Cape style home with cathedral ceilings open to the balcony that has the bedrooms off it, and it heats the entire 1400 sf to an even 70 all around. R-19 Walls and R-49 attic insulation. I can't fathom how a heat setting of 1 can heat a house. That's the equivilant of 40 lbs per day. which is the same as a 1500 watt electric space heater. Sydney - are you heating one room only?

Status
Not open for further replies.