Englander PDV-25 room fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mrpollitt8934

Oct 29, 2018
Indiana
I have a 1992 model PDV-25 that I recently picked up. When I got it the room fans didn't work. I took everything apart and direct wired the fans to electric and they work fine. The temp sensor on this one is nothing like anything I can find online for this particular stove. I've emailed and called Englander directly with little to no help. Any ideas?

Can you post some pics?

There's the temp sensor that I have and the place where it was

Attachments

• E0AEC9CB-605B-455D-983C-9C805380801A.jpeg
    E0AEC9CB-605B-455D-983C-9C805380801A.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 155
  • 322E26BA-5F49-4A33-A027-77430E0C3D20.jpeg
    322E26BA-5F49-4A33-A027-77430E0C3D20.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 154
Does that go through into the back side of the burn pot? It looks like an igniter.

No it goes back into the upper left side where the temp sensor should go. I thought it looked like an igniter as well but like I said couldn't find the temp sensor for one made for a 92 model so couldn't compare.

The newer models have a thermister that is mounted on the bottom of the stove. Now in your pictures the sensor has what looks like a compression nut on it, and the hole has a nut. Is there a piece the goes between the 2? I don’t see how it would be secured. Now being a used stove someone may have been put in the wrong place. Where do the wires go to? I have never seen anything like it on any of the ESW stoves i have worked on, although I haven’t worked on a 92

Last edited:
Yes there is a piece between but it doesn't fit securely into the nut in the back of the stove. That's another thing that made me question whether it was right or not.