• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalli445

Oct 16, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Hello,

I have a 2005 Englander Stove Works 25-PDVC Pellet stove and started to have an issue with it at the end of the season last year. I took a video of my issue but I'm receiving a 5D error on the control board. This is in addition to what sounds like the bottom motor making a clicking noise. I started the stove this week to try and remember what was going on with it but I noticed after about 10 minutes of burn time the blower never kicked on the push the heat out. I don't know if this could all be related or if I have separate issues going on. Here is a link to the noise I'm having. This was during the cool down phase. Thanks for your help.

Pat

Hello,

I have a 2005 Englander Stove Works 25-PDVC Pellet stove and started to have an issue with it at the end of the season last year. I took a video of my issue but I'm receiving a 5D error on the control board. This is in addition to what sounds like the bottom motor making a clicking noise. I started the stove this week to try and remember what was going on with it but I noticed after about 10 minutes of burn time the blower never kicked on the push the heat out. I don't know if this could all be related or if I have separate issues going on. Here is a link to the noise I'm having. This was during the cool down phase. Thanks for your help.

Pat

Have you cleaned the exhaust blower since last year? It sounds like a clogged or dirty blower fan, or bad bearings . That is not 5D showing on your board it is SD telling you the stove is in shut mode.

Last edited:
Have you cleaned the exhaust blower since last year? It sounds like a clogged or dirty blower fan, or bad bearings . That is not 5D showing on your board it is SD telling you the stove is in shut mode.

This stove came with my house when I bought it. I took the exhaust blower off which was full of ash and vacuumed it clean. I also used compressed air and blew the blower out and replaced the gasket. I imagine the stove hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in years by looking at the pictures or is that normal after a year or two of use?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 484
This stove came with my house when I bought it. I took the exhaust blower off which was full of ash and vacuumed it clean. I also used compressed air and blew the blower out and replaced the gasket. I imagine the stove hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in years by looking at the pictures or is that normal after a year or two of use?

Glad you posted those pictures . That would cause the stove to go to shut down mode .Needs a good cleaning ,the blower needs to be cleaned , brush off the fan cage with a soft brush . Also using a two to three foot length of three eights of an inch poly tubing ,to fit on the end of the vacume hose ,too ,clean out the internal exhaust cavities thru the hole on the back wall ,after removing the impingmet plate. That buildup in those pics. looks like five years worth of buildup.Alsogo too the ENGLANDER STOVE SITE. You can read or download the manual for this stove , also other info. good luck, This is a very good stove ,if taken care of .

Pellet stoves need to be kept clean if not then all sorts of trouble , time after time yur problems stem from a dirty stove , clean stove ---happy stove ---- stop the whine , just clean it .

Status
Not open for further replies.