Enviro Empress Blowing Fuses?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe stove should not need to be primed and lite with fire starter. After the exhaust blower starts the auger should be next to dump in the required pellets to light the stove.

Please check to see if you are getting power to the auger motor. If power is present, Be sure the auger isn't jammed. Also check to see if the auger works removed from the stove with a lamp cord.

The 3 light flashing is becuase you don't have enough heat to close the POF switch. No fire so the switch is working.

You need to figure out why the auger isn't working!

checked the auger motor, 7.8v on the wires the entire time while the little flame was smoldering....I unhooked the wires and plugged the gage in. It never moved. I don't know if I had it hooked up long enough for it to come on. I watched it for almost 5 minutes.

another update. hubby came home and dumped more pellets in the hopper and we finally got a good flame going, the blower even kicked on. he also filled the hopper which was almost empty. The flame was going pretty good for a bit and has engulfed all of the pellets in the burn pot, now I'm just crossing my fingers that the auger turns on.

How/when should the auger motor turn on in the cycle?

the auger is blowing fuses. just cont. checked all teh fuses, the augers' was blown. it said 2a, so I replaced it with another 2A and it blew as soon as I turned the unit on. Would this have happened if the wires were backward?

So the ignitor circuit was what was blowing on the old board, looks like the auger motor too? I guess I need to take the auger motor off, bench test is and replace it if that's the problem.

okay. Last night got too late, I took the auger motor off tonight. Now if this is bad and I hook it up to a power cable and plug it into the wall what's going to happen? I guess worst case I blow a fuse?

Also, I tried turning the auger by hand. It would turn ~ turn very easily then stop solid. If I let go and then try again it turns easily again but I can't just keep spinning it continuously. Is this normal or is this the problem?

Thanks!

Hopefully I'm getting closer to being toasty warm!!

plugged the auger directly into the wall and the coil lit on fire....guess that's a problem.

also when I turn the auger by hand counter clock wise it's choppy and has rough patches. I'm going to assume that's bad. I guess I'll be taking this thing apart and cleaning the auger this weekend. :(

I just want to be warm!

Thanks for all the help everyone. We are burning pellets again! Wooo!! Marry Christmas to me.

It was a control board and auger motor that needed to be replaced. Yuck, $400 in total. The first auger motor showed up monday of this week and one of the spade tabs was broken off in the box, I got it from CSH and they sent a new one out Tuesday, got it today and we're back in business.

Good thing since I have all next week off, we just had to have the oil tank refilled last week and I was hoping to make it alot longer than we did.

Happy Holidays everyone, thanks for being a great forum for advice!

Sarah

Sarah,

Glad you figure this out and had the patience to get it going. Enjoy the heat and have a good holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.