ENVIRO EMPRESS FS HELP TO IDENTIFY THE VALUE OF THE BURNT RESISTOR ON CIRCUIT BOARD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

smd223

Nov 15, 2017
Ct
Hello to all. Can anyone identify or snap a pic of their 2006 Enviro empress motherboard . I need to find out the value and colors on the blown resistor. Here is a photo of mine with the blown resistor circled. Thanks a whole heap.. Getting a little nippy out got 2 tons of pellet fuel and ready to burn.

Attachments

• Inked20171114_210806_LI.jpg
    Inked20171114_210806_LI.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 322
old boards new boards I cant find one that is like yours! hopefully there is a member that has one and can take a pic for you

I am afraid that board was outdated a long time ago,doubt if anybody has one,that wants to take it out just to look,Buy the updated board.

I gotta ask a question, what popped the resistor? Power suge? Short? High resistance and what is causing it. Replacement is only part of the task.

The connectors on the on the exhaust fan and thermal disc looked torched. The wires melted and shorted out. 1 of the 2 fuses were burnt. My guess is stove overheated and caused the short.

The connectors on the on the exhaust fan and thermal disc looked torched. The wires melted and shorted out. 1 of the 2 fuses were burnt. My guess is stove overheated and caused the short.
Most failures at terminals are because of high resistance,of the terminal losing tension,corrosion(that you do not see with your eyes),and corrosion within where the crimp is.One bid reason for crimp connection failure is people licking their fingers before twisting the stranded wire,to make it fit in terminal.