Enviro M55 FS Modes of Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stewartt46

Mar 8, 2018
Maryland
I’ve read the manual and searched on here. We bought the home w the stove already installed in 2015. It has a thermostat hooked up to it. I called and spoke with the company that installed it. They recommended using it ONLY in manual mode and that the other modes wear out components quicker on the stove. Does that sound accurate? Seemed opposite from some of what I read.

After two years on manual, I finally connected a thermostat and have run mine on high/low for 2 years. Love it, especially w/ the yo yo temps we've been getting. -11F to 64F in two days... only changes when running in high / low are fan speed and auger motor.

Reactions: vinny11950
In the automatic mode (on-off) the igniter is in use more often
this tends to shorten its life span .
I suggest you run it in Hi-Low or manual mode
less wear and tear on the stove and much easier to
increase heat when needed

My Enviro M55C FS was built in June of 2011. Installed in July of same year.
I have run it on a thermostat in Hi/Low mode almost exclusively since then. I have not replaced anything on the stove except a fuse for the Agitator motor due to my own fault.

I don't run in On/Off mode due to the concern that it may wear out the igniter faster but that would be just from use cycling.

Running in Hi/Low mode on a thermostat will save you pellets and keep your stove heating area more comfortable than using manual mode.

---Nailer---

Reactions: vinny11950