enviro windsor door gasket issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
i recently picked up my second pellet stove, its a enviro windsor free standing stove in white enamel. for the last few years i have used a lennox montage but the wife wanted the white stove when she saw it.

enviro windsor, bought as the store display ( they used it for a few years). i got it home and hooked it into the exhaust and have been running it for the last 6-8 weeks. runs pretty good, heats house fine, no leaks and i have a carbon monoxide detector right above it just in case.

Tonight while going through the stove and giving it a good cleaning, I noticed that the glass door that locks in place does not have a piece of gasket in the top slot of the glass door, only the 2 sides and bottom have the gasket.

Is the top of the glass door supposed to have a gasket in the slot? or have i just been very very lucky so far?

i double checked the ash vacuum and no i didnt suck the gasket inside. I'm kind of confused because i would think it should have a gasket piece there, but i would have thought i would have had smoke or exhaust issue over the few weeks i have ran the stove. every room has a CO detector as well as a smoke detector and no issues.

either they forgot to install it, it fell off and it got thrown out in the last few hours, or it doesnt need one....

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks
steve

333BD814-3B3F-44F8-A236-552A0A5F57E9_zps4vvg4xhp.jpg

Strange. I would guess it should have gasket all around. Did you try the dollar bill test on the sides with no gasket?

Reactions: bostonfan49
IMG_0568.PNG
i recently picked up my second pellet stove, its a enviro windsor free standing stove in white enamel. for the last few years i have used a lennox montage but the wife wanted the white stove when she saw it.

enviro windsor, bought as the store display ( they used it for a few years). i got it home and hooked it into the exhaust and have been running it for the last 6-8 weeks. runs pretty good, heats house fine, no leaks and i have a carbon monoxide detector right above it just in case.

Tonight while going through the stove and giving it a good cleaning, I noticed that the glass door that locks in place does not have a piece of gasket in the top slot of the glass door, only the 2 sides and bottom have the gasket.

Is the top of the glass door supposed to have a gasket in the slot? or have i just been very very lucky so far?

i double checked the ash vacuum and no i didnt suck the gasket inside. I'm kind of confused because i would think it should have a gasket piece there, but i would have thought i would have had smoke or exhaust issue over the few weeks i have ran the stove. every room has a CO detector as well as a smoke detector and no issues.

either they forgot to install it, it fell off and it got thrown out in the last few hours, or it doesnt need one....

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks
steve

View attachment 192590

Hi Steve, just found this for you....it shows only 3 sides with a gasket! My uneducated guess is that because of the install process, the last piece of gasket (assuming 4 sides) gets added at the end of the replacement. I would give Mountain Hearth a call...great knowledgeable folks! I use them. If not, a call to Sherwood Industries (Enviro)
Good Luck, Bill

Reactions: vinny11950
Depending on the stove, air wash systems sometimes leave sections without gasket. The stove is set up to create a vacuum in the firebox and utilizes that air flow to keep viewing glass clear. Might be mentioned in the manual but a definitive answer would be to check with enviro...

Reactions: bostonfan49
Although this thread is a month old, i'm replying to it in case anybody is searching for the answer in a future search......

One of my pellet stoves is the Windsor and as Lake Girl mentioned, the top part of the Windsor door does not have a gasket by designed - it is an air wash.

Reactions: Lake Girl