steevo Posted By steevo, Jan 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM

1. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    supposed to see him on Saturday coming up....... but last time I tried to talk to him, they could care less.....

-- the only things I haven't replaced are ;em :
    200 degree high limit switch
    ceramic fan temp sensor
    combustion/exhaust blower
    vacuum switch

at this point the stove will be brand new, LOL.....

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    I would go wire by wire and make sure they are like the diagram. Hopefully it didnt do anything to the control board. Does your receipt have a no warranty claim on it?

3. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    Warranty ended, I can return the control board and swapp out for another.

Will trace wiring tonight

4. stovelark

stovelark
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2009
    Loc:
    SE CT
    I have actually seen the orange and gray wires reversed on Windsor and Empress stoves before. The usual indication is that the error flashing on the control board is 4 for vacuum and 2 for overtemp while normally a flashing 2 is for vacuum, 3 is for proof of fire and 4 is hi temp. I don't think operationally it would make any difference. I'm not convinced that the stove is a lemon- yet. Steevo- have you been using same fuel all along, otherwise the same fuel before the auger motor was changed? You are sure its not a 2rpm motor? I do think you gave the feed times to be correct right? I want to know how this turns out. Someone told you this Windsor is two years old?? Empresses took the place of windsors in the 2006/7 timeframe. Would you happen to have the sn?? I feel for you- you have some good technical skills too, more than most people. hang in there...

5. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    So Steveos’ error could very likely be a bad high limit switch. But now how does the stove get power if the fan is not running and the high limit is on the wrong circuit? I’m In till the epic conclusion. this is intriguing

6. stovelark

stovelark
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2009
    Loc:
    SE CT
    I'm not sure its a bad hi limit switch....if something was bad, why no error lights flashing? But I think at this point, I would change out the hi temp switch. I feel bad some dealer did this to him, one couldn't help but wonder what else was done to this poor stove.... I sure hope it gets fixed. I'm waiting for the conclusion too.

7. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    I just started burning a bag of green Supremes on setting 3, will see how it goes.

I did get a flashing 2 light when it tripped the high level ( forgot about that)

8. JRemington

JRemington
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Belleville New York
    Have you taken the high limit switch off the housing and let it just hang there and see if it still trips?

9. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    I removed to see if it was damaged or had cap on it, looked fine reinstalled it.

The 1 wire I had to repair is a gray wire that goes to high limit sensor, but sensor is working.

*** so been burning the green Supremes for 2 hours, usually tripped by now, infrared shoiws back of high limit sensor at 165 degrees. Bumped stove up to setting 4 to see what happens.

Maybe removing high limit sensor fixed it or the stove chow is burning extremely nuclear hot.

10. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    So it lasted on heat setting 4 before tripping high temp limit switch and flashing number 2. The infrared thermometer showed the switch at 185 ish temp, so maybe the 200 switch is bad.

** the stove chow pellets are about half the length of the green supremes....so probably giving stove a hire feed rate as well

11. stovelark

stovelark
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2009
    Loc:
    SE CT
    So we have a flashing 2?? Normally a flashing 2 is for vacuum, flashing 4 is hi temp flash. I bet if you reverse the orange and gray wires (like I still believe it should be), you will get your flashing 4 for hi temp, a normal enviro error flashing. I too agree with your theory about the feed rate being a little more with the shorter pellets. I think I would change the hi temp as well. I don't remember windsors or empresses with sensitive hi limts. The only time I've seen hi temps were when a convection blower was failing to work. It makes no sense since you have a new blower. Guess it could be a little weak hi temp switch. At this point, I'd change it. Think you are getting close....

12. steevo

steevo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central ct
    never seen a flashing number 4, didn't see it listed in the manual at all either. I did order the high temp switch as it wasn't available locally. I also found a new harness on ebay ( for a enviro m55, but harness connector measured out same size and same wires) so I can splice it in at some point seeing my connector was damaged ( repaired, but will replace just in case )

thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated, will update some more s the sensor comes in

stovelark likes this.