Environ M55CI Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RadioZulu

Jan 15, 2019
Port Tobacco, Maryland
Greetings.

I have a nine-year-old Enviro M55CI that was not installed properly by the dealer back in the day. The stove has always had some quirks that I attributed to the faulty installation. I have had the stove removed and reinstalled by a very competent journeyman fireplace mechanic, and now I am confident that operation of the stove does not pose a safety hazard and that all of the connections between the stove and the outside world have been made correctly. The re-installation has ben inspected and approved by the local code authority.

Unfortunately, the stove still exhibits a number of quirks that I need to address. While I wait for Amazon to deliver my magnehelic, I would like to ask the group for their views as to what may be causing Quirk #1. From a cold start, the stove fires up just fine, runs for 10 to 15 minutes, and then shuts down, flashing the #3 heat level light. The fault is cleared by turning the stove off. When the start up procedure is repeated, the stove fires up and runs. This quirk is not related to pellets or liner pot condition or positioning.

Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what is causing this behavior. I would any comments you may have on point.

Thank you.

Clean the POF, just forward of the combustion blower, has two brown wires going to it.