EPA Stove or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not burning the franklins, actually not any of them at the moment because of a chimney issue. I would like to see the full line of Englanders, where can I see this?

Thanks, The Nut

Hay I had a guy call me tonight with a Vermont Castings stove for sale but he was not sure which model it was, can anyone help? the specs are:
log 25", burn 12 hrs, 12-2400 sq ft, 50,000 btu's, 1.3 grams, 74.3%?, 550 lbs, 8"oval reversable, 4-5 years old, any ideas?

BrotherBart said:
After an earlier thread I now refer to it as "This Total Cheapskate's Everburn".

That's a good one. LOVE the picture with the burn tubes / secondary combustion blazing away!
Anyone know why that stove is NOT listed (unless I'm just blind or don't know what to search for) in the latest and greatest 2007 EPA certified stoves document??

The overstockstoves link says it has a 3.5 cu. ft. firebox and gets 1.63 grams/hr., "the cleanest-burning large firebox on the market!". That 1.63 number is really good for a stove that big (good for any size stove actually).

By the way, the "total cheapskate" comment should be taken in context - I was talking about how you can (if very lucky) get the Englander stoves on clearance from Lowes in February for up to 75% off. So your stove could be had for around $200. Heck I would buy one in a heartbeat for that price. But even at $799 including shipping, and no tax, its possibly the best value out there right now.

tradergordo said:
BrotherBart said:
After an earlier thread I now refer to it as "This Total Cheapskate's Everburn".

That's a good one. LOVE the picture with the burn tubes / secondary combustion blazing away!
Anyone know why that stove is NOT listed (unless I'm just blind or don't know what to search for) in the latest and greatest 2007 EPA certified stoves document?? Page 22 "30 NC"

The overstock stoves links says it has a 3.5 cu. ft. firebox and gets 1.63 grams/hr., "the cleanest-burning large firebox on the market!". That 1.63 number is really good for a stove that big (good for any size stove actually).

By the way, the "total cheapskate" comment should be taken in context - I was talking about how you can (if very lucky) get the Englander stoves on clearance from Lowes in February for up to 75% off. So your stove could be had for around $200. Heck I would buy one in a heartbeat for that price. At $799 including shipping, and no tax, its possibly the best value out there right now. Yeah I was having some fun with ya. I actually didn't ask the guy what the cost of the stove was when I ordered it. I wanted that stove and I needed one pronto. I paid $1,039 and $170 for the blower for mine including shipping from Colorado last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.