EPI 1101 & 1402 WOOD INSERT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

christophjohne

Sep 26, 2022
Just moved in. Damper on bottom is stuck in High position. I can get a hammer and pound it in further, and thought that would loosen it, but now can't pull in or out. EPI 1101 & 1402 WOOD INSERT

Be careful hammering on that rod, its only about 3/16th diameter. Best I remember the rod run to the rear of the stove where it has a flat plate welded on it that restricts the air inlet. T he rod slides on several U shaped pieces of stamped steel you may have rust on the rod or one of the U shaped pieces maybe be bent. You may have to pull the stove and lay it on its back to access it. My 1401 is stiff especially early in the season but seems to loosen up a little as winter goes on.

Reactions: christophjohne