Escape 1800 side panels straight?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kabookie

Oct 20, 2010
Poconos, PA
I just took delivery of an Escape 1800 w/ legs. Odd question, but can anyone tell me if the side panels are supposed to be perfectly straight, or do they flare out/curve a bit toward the front of the stove? Both of mine seem a bit curved, almost like the sides were pushed in, yet there are no noticeable impact points, scuffs, dents or the like. The curvature is more noticeable on the bottom gap, when looking up from the floor. Just curious as I have a few other things to report to the dealer after initial inspection. Thank you.

I just took delivery of an Escape 1800 w/ legs. Odd question, but can anyone tell me if the side panels are supposed to be perfectly straight, or do they flare out/curve a bit toward the front of the stove? Both of mine seem a bit curved, almost like the sides were pushed in, yet there are no noticeable impact points, scuffs, dents or the like. The curvature is more noticeable on the bottom gap, when looking up from the floor. Just curious as I have a few other things to report to the dealer after initial inspection. Thank you.
On my Escape 1500 the side panels are straight. I just placed a straight edge across the panels front to back..there is no curve. The gap at the front between the stove body and the panel is uniform top to bottom.
The user manual instructs how to remove the panels. Couple screws in the back; then the panel slides forward. The front is held in by clips. Does it need just a little bending?
Posting a photo would be helpful.

On my Escape 1500 the side panels are straight. I just placed a straight edge across the panels front to back..there is no curve. The gap at the front between the stove body and the panel is uniform top to bottom.
The user manual instructs how to remove the panels. Couple screws in the back; then the panel slides forward. The front is held in by clips. Does it need just a little bending?
Posting a photo would be helpful.
Thank you for checking that, Tom. Straight edge on mine shows they're definitely pushed in. Functionally it's no big deal, and yes I saw that they come off easily. I do appreciate you taking the time to check and post back.