Esse Lo Courtier Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceDiagnostics

May 5, 2016
Dunfermline
I happened to come across an old (closed) thread here where someone was asking about the instruction manual for the "Lo Courtier Stove", he never did find it, so I thought I would post up the installation and user manual just in case someone else ever looks for it.

Although meant for coal, I use it on a daily basis with wood every winter. I found mine in an architectural salvage yard 10 years ago and paid £600 for it, its price when new in 1962 was about £27, say about $500 in todays money. Mine works great and the enamel is close to perfect. They were manufactured near Stirling in Scotland, only about 20 miles from where I live.

Some pics of the stove and a scan of the manuals.

We normally use it with the doors closed and the flue vents close to get the best heat.

stove%201.jpg

But the doors open and fold tight back behind the wings.

stove%202.jpg

Two vent stages at the bottom, one for regulation and one for starting.

stove%203.jpg

The pivoted vent lifts right off.

stove%204.jpg

The top lift right off, for dusting?

stove%205.jpg

stove%206.jpg

stove%207.jpg

stove%208.jpg

stove%209.jpg

stove%2010.jpg

And here is an advertising original flyer.

Im196202IH-Esse22.jpg

Hope this helps someone someday.

Very cool and very 60's design. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.