Evening chill breaker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have the windows open here. Every year around this time I see all the first fire threads and get jealous, it inst usually until well into November that we have temps cold enough to lite up the Encore without turning the house into an oven. Might have an occasional ambiance fire in the 'ol fireplace from Oct but usually no need for serious burning till after Turkey day.

Shoulder season consumes Super Cedars. I have a fire going right now, and will let it die back...which means another Super Cedar to get things going. When it's cold, the fires last for at least 4 or 5 days before a re-light

Had two small fires already and will probably crank up the first stove full tonight. 35F for tonight.

Reactions: firecracker_77
Is that Quad a large firebox? Will it overheat on a relatively mild night.
It is a 3.0 cuft. I can shove it down into the 400F range pretty easy. At 650 - we would be sleeping with the windows open. Also keep in mind that I will probably be doing some temp catch up. When I left the house this morning (with no fire) it was at 64F. With a high of 61 and a low of 35 - I didn't/won't gain any heat today. Probably 62F in the home right now.

Getting the kinks out with small fires. Today's high 47°, wind & rain.
House 72° this AM. Trying to get used the to the house being warmer.
Cat working good with 1/2 loads, good draft.
New wood chute worked great,
burning spruce & some birch uglies.

I just came inside. With the wind, it is chilly out there. If I'd stayed out longer I'd have to put some gloves on because my fingers got so cold. But before coming indoors, I did put a few splits on the porch in case we need them. I think tomorrow morning we'll have our first fire of the season.

I just came inside. With the wind, it is chilly out there. If I'd stayed out longer I'd have to put some gloves on because my fingers got so cold. But before coming indoors, I did put a few splits on the porch in case we need them. I think tomorrow morning we'll have our first fire of the season.

This place is a comfy 70* right now but I'm trying to talk myself into the seasons first fire tonight. It's supposed to get down to the low 40's and I hate waking up to a cold house. :)

This place is a comfy 70* right now but I'm trying to talk myself into the seasons first fire tonight. It's supposed to get down to the low 40's and I hate waking up to a cold house. :)

Fire her up. Needs the cob webs burned out of the stack anyway.
You know you really want to :)

we will get down to the mid 50’s
Yeah, I would post that in small print, too. ;):p
40 here tonight but I'm hoping the warm basement will get us through.

Well, another rainy day. Got home from work and it was 60 degrees. Front blew through and the temp dropped 12 degrees in an hour and a half. Weatherman says going down to 34 tonight. Fired Ole'Betty up again tonight to suck the dampness out and make it comfy................

Status
Not open for further replies.