Exhaust Fan Replacement: OEM or aftermarket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zerowkul98

Oct 5, 2016
Bolton, MA
Hi all.
I have a Heatilator CAB 50, and the exhaust fan has been whining. It's 4-5 years old, so i figure it's nearing time to replace it.

I have found the OEM part ($300+) and the aftermarket ($109). Seeing if anyone here has opinions on either, should i or shouldnt i, etc etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

To me, that's a no brainer 300 OME
109 aftermarket
3 aftermarket to 1 OME
but it's up to you
But then again I am a cheap SOB

Reactions: zerowkul98
different stove but i replaced with aftermarket last year. Was a bit louder but nothing i could not live with.. i look at it the same way as above can replace a few fans for that price... read the reviews if possible on the one your looking at. If the old one is not totally dead keep it for a spare just in case the new one fails

Reactions: vinny11950