Fan Required

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glennm

Burning Hunk
Dec 26, 2010
S Ontario
I don't know if you guys can help me, but I may as well take a shot.

I have a VC Montpellier insert and the fan has quit. I called the manufacturer (fasco) and they gave me a few contact numbers. So far no luck. My dealer is trying to get me a price and delivery from VC but looking online I see that the replacement is out of stock

I do like this insert but it is small for my house. I hoped to replace it in the future with maybe a regency or something like that (i3600).

It's cold in Canada right now and I have my propane furnace on with 30 cords of seasoned hardwood waiting to be burned.

I have attached a photo of the blower motor. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Thanks
Glenn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 203
This is what the assembly looks like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 212
I have decided to replace it with a new 3100 insert. They will install it Monday. The dealer really tried to sell me the 2600 but after all the noise here I have cold feet on that one. The 3100 gets great reviews so I'm feeling optimistic. The Montpellier is a really nice insert but just not big enough for our house

Reactions: velvetfoot
That solves that! New blower with an insert attached to it;)

Awaiting review!

I don't know if you guys can help me, but I may as well take a shot.

I have a VC Montpellier insert and the fan has quit. I called the manufacturer (fasco) and they gave me a few contact numbers. So far no luck. My dealer is trying to get me a price and delivery from VC but looking online I see that the replacement is out of stock

I do like this insert but it is small for my house. I hoped to replace it in the future with maybe a regency or something like that (i3600).

It's cold in Canada right now and I have my propane furnace on with 30 cords of seasoned hardwood waiting to be burned.

I have attached a photo of the blower motor. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Thanks
Glenn

Really have 30 seasoned cords?

How many sq.ft. are you trying to heat? House pretty tight? Was the Monty getting "10-hr. burn?" (Doubt it.)
I'll give ya two fifty for the Monty...you ship. ;)

About 2400 sq ft bungalow. The Monty was great until it got really cold and then it was a struggle. I always have lots of coals after 12 hrs. The fan is cycling at that point but not a lot of heat. My neighbour has a 3100 and they sit around in their bathing suits :-o

Reactions: Woody Stover
About 2400 sq ft bungalow. The Monty was great until it got really cold
Sounds pretty good for a stove they rate at 1500 sq.ft.
That's one way to keep the naysayers quite... Damn just damn
Even living in Canadia, that's gotta be several years' worth for his size house... _g

Yes, likely 5 or 6 years for me

I thought I had a crapload of wood with 12 cord... (1/2 semi-seasoned, 1/2 seasoned... i burn about 5 cord/season (I like the house hot))

sp9ma9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.