Farewell $500 Energy Effciency Credit nice using you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I just finished my taxes and managed to finally max out my $500 lifetime total for energy efficiency improvements, These had originally been scheduled to phase out in 2011 but were extended to 2013. I had already claimed prior credits but they didn't total $500. My new high efficiency mini split got me up to the $500 total. I also added solar generating equipment in 2013 so my taxes went from owing the government to them owing me. I normally set up my taxes so I owe them but don't plan on things like energy credits.

Well it was good while it lasted and what is nicer that the improvements will keep saving energy year after year. I don't have detailed records but I believe I did the following large improvements.

• Increased attic insulation
  • Double cellular blinds with side tracks (I had bought similar cellular blinds without them and wish I had known about the side tracks)
  • Mini Split

Double cellular blinds with side tracks (I had bought similar cellular blinds without them and wish I had known about the side tracks)
Same here. We spent a lot of money on double cell blinds only to find that the manufacturer added lots of side clearance in case windows were not square.
I wish there was some way to modify the blinds we have already to accept the side tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.