February 2022 Winter Storm Aftermath

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

walhondingnashua

Minister of Fire
Jul 23, 2016
ohio
Rained almost all day Thursday with only a little ice in the trees and then the temperature dropped around dark. Then the real ice (about 1/4 inch) and 2" of sleet started. Lost power for about 24 hours. Some people in our area still don't have it. The wood stove (without a blower) still kept the house warm.
What did everyone else experience?

This is a red oak that fell across the road just up from my house. Other direction blocked a mile down the road. Had to cut our way out.

599AEB85-80FD-4DB0-A1AC-10CCB9B8BC72.JPG

Reactions: all night moe
Been listening to the weather channel and Ohio had it bad as well as other states north and east...I have a good idea --everyone just stay at home and enjoy your stoves...clancey

Two days of rain, decent wind at times. Last night a bit of ice. 1/20" or so. And some sleet and later a few (1/4-1/2") of snow.

Canceled something scheduled for 8 am because I didn't want to risk sliding over patches of black ice with the car. But at noon the roads were good.

Rained almost all day Thursday with only a little ice in the trees and then the temperature dropped around dark. Then the real ice (about 1/4 inch) and 2" of sleet started. Lost power for about 24 hours. Some people in our area still don't have it. The wood stove (without a blower) still kept the house warm.
What did everyone else experience?

This is a red oak that fell across the road just up from my house. Other direction blocked a mile down the road. Had to cut our way out.

View attachment 291546
With the addition of snow fall, that looks more like a wagon trail.

Tuesday night we had a 1 1/2 inches of rain and then maybe a tenth of a inch of ice turning into a half inch of snow. Wednesday into Thursday night we got ten inches of snow all said and done.