Finally burning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oak4life

Nov 5, 2014
upstate ny
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in our journey to get us to this point. It was 1 week ago that my chimney kit came from northline express and today we are finally burning our brand new blaze king princess! It wasn't without a few obstacles of course but that's just fine now. We are having I our first fire tonight and couldn't be happier with the draft we are getting and the heat we are now feeling. Thanks everyone
fde87f653c35173c7b969a05165fad0f.jpgccdd35842ca1ef12ffe8912703437fd6.jpg4e8bd8383922d181e3eca4c460e7cbb8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight up chimney install is a great way to burn. Just finished one myself.

Straight up chimney install is a great way to burn. Just finished one myself.

Boy it sure is. My last setup had a 90 in it and this is night and day compared to that one. I didn't get any spillage whatsoever when I opened the door on this stove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boy it sure is. My last setup had a 90 in it and this is night and day compared to that one. I didn't get any spillage whatsoever when I opened the door on this stove.

Thats funny cause the house I moved out of last year had a setup with 2 90 elbows. Compared to my current straight up install it is a huge difference. I'll never go back if I can help it.

Reactions: oak4life
Looks great!

Reactions: oak4life
Looks great! We'll be firing up our stove this weekend--forecast is calling for 18"-20" of snow in Northern NY near Tug Hill. Got the woodstove, snowblower and ATV/plow all set to go.

Enjoy it. Lets face it..the weather here stinks. You have to have things to help you enjoy the indoors during the NY winters. Like a big stove, whiskey, and a cute wife. :)

You'll be getting your share in Syracuse as well this weekend. I'm only an hour and a half north of you near Tug Hill. I think we're in for it this weekend....:eek:

Looks great! We'll be firing up our stove this weekend--forecast is calling for 18"-20" of snow in Northern NY near Tug Hill. Got the woodstove, snowblower and ATV/plow all set to go.

Hope it's not too bad up there for you guys. We're not going to be getting anything which is just fine with me. Been so busy with this stove install haven't had time to put snowblower attachment on tractor yet.

3' drifts on my back porch! At least 15" everywhere else and still going strong.

My snowblower for my ATV just came in. Can't wait to hook it all up this Thanksgiving and give it a whirl. Thats not mine...Mine is a Grizzly 700.

700580-20140319153619.jpg

Attachments

• 20161121_065110.jpg
    20161121_065110.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 80
Do tell more about this ATV mounted snow blower? I assume it is powered by a separate small engine? Is the price comparable to a traditional walk behind snow blower?

Status
Not open for further replies.