Finally! First burn!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
d5fd8a10fb8d4171d3e2f7e0a74e1454.jpgFirst burn of the season, loaded it with some aspen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! I love that first fire of the season. I have our Hearthstone stove burning tonight...going down in the mid 20s here in Northern NY.

Winter is coming. It's been a roller coaster ride here in northern NY as far as the temps go, but every weather source I've seen says that the pattern will be changing after Thanksgiving. One day it will be in the low 40s here and the next is 50-55. Great Lakes are relatively warm and ripe for lake-effect snow.

Winter is coming. It's been a roller coaster ride here in northern NY as far as the temps go, but every weather source I've seen says that the pattern will be changing after Thanksgiving. One day it will be in the low 40s here and the next is 50-55. Great Lakes are relatively warm and ripe for lake-effect snow.

Yeah! I love lake effect snow!!!! I hope if comes in heavy this year! Most people don't care for it, I'm a little weird though...lol

Reactions: sldl2004
Looks like we will be starting to cool down next week. Crazy warm records have been set so far in November. Election Day was the latest 70º day on record in Seattle.

Jet stream is screwed up due to the Pacific Jet stream. Weather Channel has been talking about it as well as AccuWeather, but the pattern change is coming. They've said not to get used to the warm temps because they're not sticking around. Above average snowfall and below normal temps forecasted for most of the U.S., except for the lower half of the 48 states. The wood fire feels nice tonight!

Put me down for the 11/11 first burn, too! Just a few sticks, some bark and one 'ugly' with the approximate density of styrofoam... but enough to take the chill off the house and keep the wife happy.

17182a8f774f059ee97d355c3d07c45c.jpg
well that didn't take long at all! Bout an hour and a half in it was at 74*. Doesn't help that I fired up the Harman P68 also! Had to give it a first burn also! Next will be our Fisher Grandma bear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: excessads
Yeah! I love lake effect snow!!!! I hope if comes in heavy this year! Most people don't care for it, I'm a little weird though...lol
I like the snow too , 5 snowmobiles and a fun tractor for clearing the 1800' driveway.0904161800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent my whole 34 years living in lake-effect land in NE ohio... gets pretty old dometimes... [emoji6]

I've spent my whole 34 years living in lake-effect land in NE ohio... gets pretty old dometimes... [emoji6]
That's part of the reason I live in NC now... :)

I've lived about 20 miles from the Tug Hill Plateau for most of my life...Lewis County, NY, east of Lake Ontario. Average around 200-250 inches of lake-effect snow each winter. We're used to it....:cool:

Reactions: HisTreeNut
That's part of the reason I live in NC now... :)
Funny.. exact same thing my older brother did (although his was prompted by a job offer in charlotte). No wood burning yet but probably next week. Been taking the edge off with a kerosene heater(only when I'm home and can attend to it.. I get a ton a free Kero from my airport job).

Reactions: HisTreeNut
I've lived about 20 miles from the Tug Hill Plateau for most of my life...Lewis County, NY, east of Lake Ontario. Average around 200-250 inches of lake-effect snow each winter. We're used to it....:cool:

My sister lives near Syracuse...Tug Hill is one of the places she talks about...

Yep... Syracuse gets hammered as well. Redfield, Osceola, Pulaski, Sandy Creek, Lowville, Barnes Corners....all those places get clobbered.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is a little embarrassing, but I sometimes take a drive up to the Seneca lake area to see the lake effect snows, especially when my area has no snow. Its only a 8 hour round trip

I like it like that. We rarely get snow but it is in the mountains only an hour or two away.

My sis lives in Marysville Washington, same as you, when she wants to see the snow she drives east for an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.