Finally got a break

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfast250

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2013
Missouri
I am 90% done replacing an inefficient heatilator open fireplace with a Pacific Energy FP-30 (pics coming one of these days). I have been slowly scrounging wood for the last 3+ years. It's been a bit of a struggle as I have only lived in the area for 4 years. Almost all of my scrounging has been from Craigslist. I finally found a local source with a potential long term relationship that will benefit us both. I had faith that it would happen eventually, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't starting to worry.

I only got a small load today as the afternoon heat started wearing on me. The stack in the back is roughly 1.5 cord of 18-19 wood. This new load is the start of my 19-20 wood.

Moral of the story - keep on it and don't lose hope. You will eventually get a break and things will go your way! 37defebcbc9174d15723492388aeb91f.jpg

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Is your Heatilator a zero clearance fireplace?

Congrats on your score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The heatilator is a zero clearance fireplace. It was great at wasting heat and wood. Really looking forward to a warm winter with the FP-30.

Good point made about perseverance. Well earned heat!