FINALLY GOT A PIC POSTED!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also with the locust bark- Last year I saved a bunch of it. I bundled some of it up in like small 10 inch bundles and tossed it on a bed of coals. I liked doing that. It would put out a quick burst of heat. I also used it as kindling.

wood-fan-atic said:
+1 ....I agree Kidd. Black Locust DOES rule! But I do hate all the bark that is left behind after splitting....what a mess! And I have noticed that there seems to be alot more of us Islanders here on Hearth, lately. It's good to know I am not the only wacko transforming his suburban backyard into a wood lot. :p

And you all seem to have stumbled into some black locust, must grow like weeds on the Island :)

And you all seem to have stumbled into some black locust, must grow like weeds on the Island :)[/quote]

Yeah... there seems to be lots of 'em along the parkways, in parks, and just about anywhere there are woods. :)

weatherguy said:
wood-fan-atic said:
+1 ....I agree Kidd. Black Locust DOES rule! But I do hate all the bark that is left behind after splitting....what a mess! And I have noticed that there seems to be alot more of us Islanders here on Hearth, lately. It's good to know I am not the only wacko transforming his suburban backyard into a wood lot. :p

And you all seem to have stumbled into some black locust, must grow like weeds on the Island :)

Got a yard jull of em', neighborhood too.

DaFattKidd said:
Also with the locust bark- Last year I saved a bunch of it. I bundled some of it up in like small 10 inch bundles and tossed it on a bed of coals. I liked doing that. It would put out a quick burst of heat. I also used it as kindling.

Does the bark work well as kindling? I have mounds of locust bark I dumped out back.

jatoxico said:
DaFattKidd said:

Does the bark work well as kindling? I have mounds of locust bark I dumped out back.

It works pretty well as kindling. I filled up a few leaf bags and a landscaping bucket last year, and burned them all. The downfall is they stank when you burn them so I would usually mix them with other sorts of kindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.