Yep, see this thread: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80120/BeGreen said:Was the insulation approved by SBI or Flame? Flame warns about makeshift installations in the manual. That's why I ask. If uncertain, PM FyreBug, he works for SBI.
The whole stove is painted with stove paint. It will only outgas for a short while.mellow said:Thanks for the suggestion, but this material does not off gas, as soon as you put high temp paint on it you have introduced chemicals and off gassing.
I will keep an eye out to see if fibers are being sucked into the secondary air intakes, if it is I will have to fashion some sort of filter to put over them.
You can get a deep cycle marine 12V battery and a 12VDC to 115VAC converter (like the car ones), this should last much longer than most of the standard UPS's.kallsop said:What capacity UPS are you using? I have an APC SmartUPS 1400 and wonder how long it could power the twin fans on an Osburn 2000 insert? I'd like to get at least 6 hours for an overnight burn when power is lost and the generator is turned off. After storms Irene and Alfred we lost power for 8 days combined.
I think Iâ€™m with you on this one. The fireplace â€œfirebrickâ€ could be considered an interior wall if you look at it. Behind the firebrick is another course of mortar and brick. So the heat absorbs into the firebrick and like you said, radiates back into the fireplace. Most of the heat will rise and hit the blockoff. From there, the heat will stay resident in the fireplace warming up the fireplace brick face and some will bellow out between the surround edges.Loco Gringo said:Why insulate the brick in your fireplace? So much heat radiates back into the room from it. The block off plate is a great idea but whats the point in keeping heat between you and the outer wall? There WILL in fact be fibers/dust coming from that batting. Thats what it is, fibers, and they arent adhered. Good luck.