FINALLY got my wood squared away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Well, even though it isn't on my property yet, I'm breathing a sigh of relief now. Here is a quick catch up:

I started looking early, looking for green wood, logs, rounds whatever to save some money. Young family, we don't have a lot.

Guy number 1 advertised grapple loads on craigslist. Good price. Took my order (and a bunch of others) and disappeared off the face of the earth. Didn't give him any cash thankfully. I think he was a new guy who wanted to make a buck and got in way over his head.

Guy number 2 also advertised on craigslist. Good price for green rounds. No-showed me, never called when he said he would, gut feeling he isn't trustworthy. Good bye.

Well, I finally got in touch with a guy right here in my small town that has a log lot and does land clearing locally. Long story short, seems like a decent guy and he's going to drop the first load off tomorrow evening after work. And by the way, he's looking for places to dump wood he clears. WOO HOOOOO!

Sounds like a great deal for you. Glad you were able to make a connnection and the free wood will sure help out with your getting started. In todays economics anything to save a little money sure does help.

Sounds like that 30 is gonna eat. :cheese:

Caution: you are crossing over into the "never enough wood" phase. It can and will consume your entire yard. It forces you to grab a cold, frosty one and gaze upon your new bounty, EVERY NIGHT. Next comes the "bigger equipment" phase. Look out for that one, its gonna cost you. :coolsmile:

Make this guy happy, anyway you can. You may have just found your new best friend.

lets see some pics of the load!

LOL. The first load isn't even picture worthy. It's a one ton truck load of rounds, which doesn't amount to much. He's got a lot of trips to make. But darn it, someone dropped off wood, which is further than I've gotten all year so far!!!

cmonSTART said:
LOL. The first load isn't even picture worthy. It's a one ton truck load of rounds, which doesn't amount to much. He's got a lot of trips to make. But darn it, someone dropped off wood, which is further than I've gotten all year so far!!!

Those one ton pickup loads will begin to add up if he keeps them coming.

cmonSTART said:
LOL. The first load isn't even picture worthy.

Gotta be the first online place ever that everybody could say "show us your wood" and you can without the cops showing up outside.

Come to think of it, the only place where somebody would say their wood isn't picture worthy.

I show my wood to all the neighbors!!! And let me tell you, they are all envious!!! ;-)

I ahve been after the log guy for 3 months to deliver. I keep getting the "well, I am logging a really wet clayey area and if I were to deliver them to you they are gonna be real dirty and I jsut dont want to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.