Finally got next years wood done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Big Chris

Aug 6, 2010
West Chester PA.
FA2184FD-9AEB-4C5F-88B5-EA9735023BC8.jpeg
004615AB-BF8C-469A-9EE3-7C1692933E40.png

Had mayb 4-5 cords done for next year, but I had to tap into it for this past year, luckily had an ash fall at a costumers house, ( I own a landscape co.) so I got this done to mix in for next season. Can’t beat getting paid to get firewood . I would have done it for free, perfect
Straight white ash. Now for some stacking...

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
Do work son. I had so much split white ash, that was all I burnt this winter. Did not even get into the cords of mixed I had ready.

Reactions: Big Chris
Very nice, what you thinking? single row along the fence row up on pallets?

I use 2x4’s on top of cinder blocks . Single
Row . Will stack in about 2 weeks, I believe wood shrinks a bit when first split, cause every time I stack fresh split wood it falls within a month. I let it set in a pile for about 2 weeks , who knows but it works so far.

I also split in one of the most sunniest spots in my yard, I let the splits sit in a pile for a couple weeks also, if I’m splitting oak, u can smell the fresh split stuff from a mile away, I let it sit until the odor is gone, then stack. I also notice that my split tend to shrink a lot during the summer, I use to try to set everything up on single racks made out of 2x4’s but they end up toppleing over in the fall, now I stack everything in a holzhozen, and I move other holz’es to my wood shed which happens to hold 2 years worth of wood, I only burn about 4 cords a year now. My system works pretty well for me

I assume your Referring to the pheasant. PA stocks a couple hundred thousand of them. It’s a lot of fun, but not like the old days when they were naturally everywhere.

I assume your Referring to the pheasant. PA stocks a couple hundred thousand of them. It’s a lot of fun, but not like the old days when they were naturally everywhere.
Yes ...I know...I live in Adams county...too many damn crazies in the game lands...ri remember the good days of huntin birds...before the mid 80's around here