Finally got to use the 395xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Finally got to use it where it is intended. The 395xp wears a 32" bar. I topped the tree out with the 550xp. The stump was a little over 5ft. It is a big pin oak. The saw is a beast. I will say the saw in not a man lift friendly saw. We tore down part of a school and the tree had to come down also.

20221209_134531.jpg

What an awesome saw 🤤. Back in 2016 I bought a new 390XP. Love it, wears a 28" most of the time with full comp chain and I have been really happy with it but cut up a huge oak one time for a lady and bought a 36" bar for it. The 390 pulled it but right then and there was wishing I had a 395. It would have been faster and more comfortable. The 390 is nose heavy with a 36.

Reactions: duramaxman05
What an awesome saw 🤤. Back in 2016 I bought a new 390XP. Love it, wears a 28" most of the time with full comp chain and I have been really happy with it but cut up a huge oak one time for a lady and bought a 36" bar for it. The 390 pulled it but right then and there was wishing I had a 395. It would have been faster and more comfortable. The 390 is nose heavy with a 36.
I'm running a oregon ejx skin tooth chain, I think I got that right. It certainly didn't lack for power. That only the 3rd or 4th tank of gas that's been run through it. I believe its gonna get stronger when it gets broke in.

I used mine a lot on the coast, south of forks Washington for papac logging. It was all tree length cutting but a lot of oversize ( over 32”) that needed a butt log cut off and in my opinion, I don’t think they make a better saw for that size wood, tree lengthing. It’s where I first switched from stihl and was running an 066. Was day waging so don’t have an actual bushel comparison but it definitely seemed it was more productive and the guy I was contracting for agreed but really hard to tell. I know my hands enjoyed the way less vibration. It also helps a lot being all day on the stump having the longer body or distance between the handle bar and the pistol grip. Those little things add up more than you might think

Reactions: duramaxman05