finally purchased a wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey guys I have been all winter researching ratings and coming to this website for information on wood burning, this website sure has helped a greenhorn like me, to learn about stove brands and how to season wood. me and my wife looked at many diffrent stoves and it came down to the pacific energy t-6 or the country wood stove Legacy s260. we got the Legacy s260. I love the way the stove looks we was able to get it with gold door and legs at a great price, I made plenty of phone calls to stove dealers and got there prices and I"am sure glad i did one dealer quoted me a price on the legacy s260 700 doallars higher than where we purchased it from and with irs tax credit ,I think we done pretty good the country stoves are made by lennox hearth products and it come with a lifetime warranity. I hope I made a good choice, I was able this winter to cut about three cords of wood where i work , the company had to have a new power line ran to the coal mines where i work at, the trees i cut where red oak and black locust, these trees had been cut and been on the ground for about two years and they were free for the taking and there are many more that i can get, I really love this website and all the people that share there ideas and experiences with wood burning .

Congrats. Ya got ya a good wood stove there. You know by now we just have to have some pictures of that puppy.

My stove should arrive next week , when i get it on my hearth pad ,I will post some pics

Country Stoves was bought out by Lennox a couple years ago. They're locally made in Auburn, WA and popular out here. A friend has the predecessor to your stove in their rental house. It really puts out some heat. In Kentucky, the 260 should warm up the house nicely. Congratulations on the new baby!

Congrats on the new stove!

Sounds like you're off to a good start on gathering up some premium wood for next season. Make sure you get the wood split if it isn't already. You'll probably want to burn the black locus first as it seasons fairly quickly. Red oak takes a good 18+ months to dry. Even though the logs were on the ground for a couple of years, chances are it's still almost as wet as the day they came down. Red oak just doesn't seem to season at all in log form and is very slow to dry even after it's cut and split. If in doubt with the red oak, split it down into smaller splits and it will season faster. Do yourself a huge favor and continue cutting as much as possible now, this way you're always a year or two ahead. ;)

Best of luck with the new stove... and looking forward to the pics! :)

I found Lennox stoves a while ago while researching like you. They have been in my mind since and a Dealers not too far from me. Glad to learn more history about them. I look forward to your reviews, as I`m waiting on Tax incentive issues to be finalized. Maybe new stove, insert? for2010

Status
Not open for further replies.