Fine Tuning BioMass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What about the hinges; I have found them more critical than the latch. One needs to take the time to ensure that when you are messing with those adjustments that the door is closing evenly all the way around or it will leak.

Ok i will try that, have you cleaned your tubes? If so what did you use?

Ok i will try that, have you cleaned your tubes? If so what did you use?
When you do, since you have tightened down the latch, back it off, then go easy. It may take a bit longer initially, but 1/16 of an inch on the hinges will make a considerable difference in how tight the door is. Take a turn on each hinge, then try closing the door; you want it to take a bit, but not a lot, of pressure to close it. After you have the hinges about right then you can fine tune the fit with the latch.
I have a number of different boilers in different investment properties so I keep an assortment of boiler cleaning brushes of different sizes and stiffness. I just use a medium stiffness brush that fits the tubes.

Ok ill try adjusting the hindges, i shut it down cause of the leaking smoke and couldn't get it stopped and started cleaning tubes cause i thought that might have something to do with it.

I have a biomass 40, am having trouble with upper door leaking smoke. Have cleaned boiler before i started burning and replaced door seal and still leaks any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Can you post a pic of the door? On my EKO I covered the rope with silicone

Ok solved the smoke leaking from the front door by cleaning tubes. Now that temps have dropped in to low 20 and teens at night seems like i cant keep a roaring flame in boiler. Just smoldering at times.wood is seasoned. Any adjustments i can make? Worked well when temps were in low 30's.

Thank you

Ok solved the smoke leaking from the front door by cleaning tubes. Now that temps have dropped in to low 20 and teens at night seems like i cant keep a roaring flame in boiler. Just smoldering at times.wood is seasoned. Any adjustments i can make? Worked well when temps were in low 30's.

Thank you
Try taking the tip of a poker to the intake openings inside the "firebox", then open the front, hinged middle section (my '80 is held closed with two allen head bolts), where the blower is mounted, and take a brush to the airways inside.

Where are they located? Sorry im still new to this.
Along the sides, just above the sloped ceramic floor of the upper chamber. In the first pic the tip of the poker is pointing to this area on the left wall, in the second pic I have inserted the poker into one of the openings.
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG