Finger prints

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishnj

Oct 24, 2016
New Jersey
First time poster here though I've been lurking for a while.

Last year you all helped guide me to purchasing a Jotul Rockland. Very happy. Thank you.

I was cleaning out the cool stove end of last week and my daughter came over and got some finger prints on the inside of the window. Cleaned up with the Rutland window cleaner. After burning the last few nights i am now getting a haze on the inside of the glass where she made the prints. Not sure if it's soot or something else. I clean it with the cleaner and it comes back. I'm hesitant to use anything else just yet so I don't make it worse.

Any tips on best way to resolve this? I'll try and get some photos after a few more hours of burning.
Thanks!

First time poster here though I've been lurking for a while.

Last year you all helped guide me to purchasing a Jotul Rockland. Very happy. Thank you.

I was cleaning out the cool stove end of last week and my daughter came over and got some finger prints on the inside of the window. Cleaned up with the Rutland window cleaner. After burning the last few nights i am now getting a haze on the inside of the glass where she made the prints. Not sure if it's soot or something else. I clean it with the cleaner and it comes back. I'm hesitant to use anything else just yet so I don't make it worse.

Any tips on best way to resolve this? I'll try and get some photos after a few more hours of burning.
Thanks!

newspaper with ash would take everything off.

You can see the haze in the middle of the photo.

Degreaser? Good off? Dawn?

Are there any coating on the glass from jotul that I risk removing?

77554c1b846270d1cef062205a529597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same stove. To me that looks similar to what I get glass during burning. Been following your thread. I really don't think that fingerprints caused this. If this does not come out with cleaning with the Rutland you could contact dealer to see their thoughts. The stove does have a coating on the glass which would be on the side that faces the fire when door is closed. I think that this coating is to reflect heat back towards the firebox to keep fire hot. Again, if this spot cannot be cleaned while stove is cool, I would call the dealer before trying things that aren't designed for what you're trying to do.

Thanks. Definitely appeared right after she touched and I cleaned. Wondering if it messed with the coating. I'll call my dealer

IMG_1509.JPG For comparison, this is how my glass looks right now. This will clean off when I go to clean off glass when cool. Hope this helps

Thanks. Definitely appeared right after she touched and I cleaned. Wondering if it messed with the coating. I'll call my dealer

You never know, but you would think it would take more than fingerprint to mess up coating..good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.