FINISHED ! "and my arm thanks me"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDSOURDOUGH

Oct 11, 2007
Unity, NH
www.wildsourdough.com
It's Official:
At 12:44 today- I finished sawing my LAST cordwood log for this year !
I got two tri-axle loads in February. With the rain, other obligations and etc... I thought it would never end.
I cut, wife wheelbarrelled it and stacked. We kept counting the remainder to be cut- and the next morning the number had increased !
I think there was somthing like 125 logs- First load he brought had some monsters- told him to bring smaller one's- second load was a little better- but still had some 20-25+ inch one's. Even when you cut them short, like 12-16 lenghts- they are still a handfull.
This is the second year of two loads- with what we had left from last year, I think we have 30 cords. We are now two years ahead-YEEPEE !!!
Next year.... One grapple load.

Wildsourdough said:
It's Official:
At 12:44 today- I finished sawing my LAST cordwood log for this year !
I got two tri-axle loads in February. With the rain, other obligations and etc... I thought it would never end.
I cut, wife wheelbarrelled it and stacked. We kept counting the remainder to be cut- and the next morning the number had increased !
I think there was somthing like 125 logs- First load he brought had some monsters- told him to bring smaller one's- second load was a little better- but still had some 20-25+ inch one's. Even when you cut them short, like 12-16 lenghts- they are still a handfull.
This is the second year of two loads- with what we had left from last year, I think we have 30 cords. We are now two years ahead-YEEPEE !!!

Man, if I had your wood I'd just throw mine away.

Congrats, sounds hella balls...whatever that is.

And at 12:46 you didn't post a pic?

Good job!

After that much of that kind of work, how can you be so sure your watch is still that accurate? %-P Rick

Geez, and I thought I had gone through a lot of logs this year! Nice work!

north of 60 said:
It sure is agood feeling isnt it. Now you get to walk around the piles an admire with a beverage in your hand.
CONGRATS....

a beverage? He better be double fisting after 30 cords. Man, wouldn't that make a great bonfire...30 cords

Wild,

Good job, I can't imagine processing that much. Where does your grapple load guy come out of? It would like to find that sort of delivery but don't know where to begin, being this is our first year with wood. I'm about an hour east of you.

wow... here i am tonight, looking at my 1.5 cords of cherry and 1 cord of mixed hard thinking "wow, thats a lot of wood"

however, after eating dinner on the deck starring at it, i think i need more... like 3 cords more

Thanks All !
Yes I am sore and and tired tonight. Nothing a celabration glass of Jack Danials won't fix !

VelvetFoot: I just purchased that Ryobi two weeks ago, It's a great, great little machine, the civilized way to split wood- for us 50 somthings. Only used it to split two cords for the Lopi- plus the one I split by hand before Ryobi, I've still got 2 more to go.... maybe tomarrow (or not !).

RandyB: I use 'Henio and Son'- They are here in Unity- Don't know if they go out of area.

wild
I've split @ 27 full cord this summer with the help of my bro, nehpews, and a 35 ton Huskey splitter (in the shop for repairs).
The last 4 weeks I've been in physical therapy to fix the pain in my elbow.
They tell me I'll be "normal" again in 6 months.
For those of you experiencing minor pains in you arm(s) let me advise.
Stretch daily and you should be "good for life".
I should have listened to my highschool gym coach.

Wildsourdough said:
It's Official:

holy crap! how many cord a year are you burning?

Sweet...nice to be ahead of the curve so you can take your time your time without the clock ticking. And there's nothing sweater than working log loads.

Way to go Wildsourdough. 30 cords. Now thats a pile. I'm working on 3 to 4 years out right now (over 17 cords) and that is a big-ol-pile. Can't imagine doubling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.